Forum's New Look

An upgrade of the existing forum was a must, so some of what you see and quibble about is unavoidable. There are bits I miss about the old forum too.

The Admins will get round to the appearance, navigation and such just as soon as they can. ;)

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I can't say I'm used to the new version yet, but one thing I do love is the mobile site :)

-Sent from my iPhone

Firstly thanks to everyone who brought back the forum
I need to agree that I preferred the old look.
Much clearer and unique but if a new era is arriving that is something we need to get used to.
Just a small suggestion
Please look here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?641101-Look-at-a-series-of-dates&p=3181808#post3181808
Without minimizing the browser window you do not see whole set of data
In my Firefox I can see only up to column CV.
I remember the used to be a horizontal bar in the window.

And if somebody needs here is a straight (old) link to the unanswered questions:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/forumd...=&pp=20&sort=replycount&order=asc&daysprune=1

my minor annoyance: the replies and views are in the same column so you cant quickly scan down to see zero reply posts (yeh i know theres a shortcut, but i like to see what else is going on as well.)

I need to agree that I preferred the old look.

please, back old or new look, this is not effective to do forums, or even more - VBAs

Please, everybody who is complaining about the new look: The forum has suffered an equivalent of a major system seizure.
The ambulance arrived in time and the patient was delivered to the ICU. A few days were spent fighting for the patient's life.

Now the patient is stable and in recovery, but not quite back in shape to don the chequered golf clothes and strut their stuff on the Green.

Have some patience, will you? If you've ever tried to put together cross-browser compatible CSS for a content management system like this forum, then you can complain. If you haven't, then just plain wait. They're working on it. Yes, I'm sure that even Mr Excel himself will want a unique MrExcel look and feel.

If this had been a planned upgrade, I'm sure the look and feel would not have been impacted much. But it was NOT a planned upgrade. It was an emergency measure taken to avert further virus attacks. Since the upgrade to the new forum software version was basically forced on the team that runs the site, they didn't stand a chance to prepare the background stuff that makes things orange or blue or centered or pop up.

So just bear with them, will you?

This is not about your convenience or whether you prefer umber over purple. Skinning a vBulletin forum is not a mean feat. If you have something to contribute, I'm sure the powers that be will be listening.

But please stop whining about the new look. It's the out of the box default. Applying branding takes time. So bear it and wait.

In the mean time, go and answer questions. Because, despite the skin, despite blue or orange, this fantastic forum still has a strong heartbeat and a lot of askers in need of your valuable suggestions.

So, for the time being, try to ignore the vBulletin default look and just focus on the forum's purpose: Excel.

I have to say I quite like the look of the new board, I look forward to seeing it's transition to the finished article too.

Gotta say a big thanks to all the guys and girls beavering away in the background to make this as painless as possible and get the board back to functionality before hundreds of us were all being hospitalised for the side effects of Forum Withdrawl!

(y)

To be fair a lot of folk won't have a clue why things have changed or the work that has still to be done so I'm not surprised there's a few 'complaints'.

This site has had very little downtime in the past and little has changed before now so it is unusual.

Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back