Formulas and blank cells

kaldrazidrim

Sorry, I'm sure it's been asked before...

I am using a time stamp in B2 to clock in, and a time stamp in C2 to clock out, and the following in D2 to calculate elapsed time:
(every time I post my formula it gets truncated) =IF(C2<b2,c2+1,c2)-b2><b2,c2+1,c2)-b2">

Here it is with spaces added so it doesn't get truncated. =IF(C2 < B2,C2+1,C2)-B2
<b2,c2+1,c2)-b2><b2,c2+1,c2)-b2><b2,c2+1,c2)-b2>
Right now when I copy this formula all the way down column D, it show zeros in each cell of column D. I need the cells in D to be (or appear) blank until there is actually data in column B and C, instead of showing zeros.

Thanks in advance, this community has been so helpful!</b2,c2+1,c2)-b2></b2,c2+1,c2)-b2></b2,c2+1,c2)-b2></b2,c2+1,c2)-b2"></b2,c2+1,c2)-b2>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Possibly

=IF(OR(B2="",C2=""),"",MIN(IF(C2< B2,C2+1,C2-B2),1/1440))<b2,c2+1,c2-b2),1 1440))=""></b2,c2+1,c2-b2),1>
That does not quite work as expected. Of A and B are the same, it returns a result of 0:00 (should be 0:01) A is not equal to B, it returns a result of 0:01 no matter how much time has elapsed.

Also, the forum is truncating your formulas when they contain < (When I reply with . it shows the whole thing. That's the reasons for my funky replies.)

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm trying to insert times I have recorded to see if how long Godzilla's in a movie affects the rating out of 10 the movie gets(don't ask), but every time I put a time in (12min 57sec --> 00:12:57) it thinks the zeros I put in for the hour slot mean 12 for some reason and it also puts AM at the end (example: 00:12:57 --> 12:12:57 AM). What do I do?!:confused:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back