formula works in excel, can't get it to work in access

killerleaf

Board Regular
relatively new to access. I have approximately 64 fields. I want to know how many of them do not have information in them. I go into my query, and right click in the field name, hit build....then in the big box I put Countblank-4 (there are four consistent fields that I don't care about) then, when i go to run, it wants a parameter. I don't understand what to put in for its parameter...I want to know out of all 64 fields, which ones do not have data in them....

or am i missing something? i have tried it in excel, worked like a champ... but i can't seem to get this to work in access.

that does sound like a very workable elegant plan.

Now, if I do restructure all of this, how do I translate the 1000 records that I have already, into the new home?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Export the data to Excel and play with it there. You'll need to transpose your data so everything runs down the page. While you're in Excel, use lookups to connect the correct IDs to the related data.

You could also do a search on the board -- this topic has come up more than once before.

Denis

Upvote 0
ok, cool....

i really appreciate the help!!

this whole project came about because it was on a old Mac--and it had already crashed a couple of times. I was trying to get us something that would work, and do all the things it was supposed to. Everything looked ok up until it came time to run the QA reports. Now I am beginning to see the problems...

now if I can just convince the person who enters the data that the new way is not evil....!! :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deasejm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back