Formula help

TonyB1

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, this is prob really simple so apologies.
I am trying to set up an appraisal form with A to E grading. I have added a list to select A* or B* etc to act as the selected score. I am trying to pull the selected Value in that range to a master tab so I can see grades across the sections. Hope that makes sense.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Ok struggling to upload a sample sheet so will try and explain.
I have a tab where I input staff markings, each cell contains a letter A to E. to select a mark there is a dropdown so I can select say B*. I want to display that mark in a summary tab. So looking for a formula that takes the B* from a row of A B* C D E.

Upvote 0
Even a picture would help as we're still not much wiser. Without some idea how things are arranged we can't help you.
Perhaps a few questions to clarify things. I will call the respective tabs 'Input' for where you input the staff marks and 'Summary' for the summary tab.
  • Presumably there are names involved on both sheets, so assuming you want to match marks with names between the two sheets?
  • Are there dates along the top or something similar that need to be matched? i.e. for each staff member are there multiple marks to transfer by date?
  • Are the names and marks arranged by columns or rows? Which is which.
  • When you say B*, is that literal or are you just using * as a device to show which one is selected.
I hope you can see that at face value from the statement "I have a tab where I input staff markings, each cell contains a letter A to E" it's not really clear why you need a summary at all.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back