Formatting: Address Standardization - Formatting Address num

sbgis63

I work as a GIS Administrator for a law enforcement agency. To assist the various divisions, i geocode (address match) various address databases to a street network which contains address range information.

The problem is that the databases containing Street names that are numbers are just that (i.e., 1, 2, 33, etc). I need to format them so they are in the following format: 1st, 2nd, 3rd. By the way they parse the addresses like so:

Prefix Street_no Streetname Street_type
SW 1230 1 Ave

The streetname 1 should be 1st not 1

Is there a solution other than search and replace every single number type. What i do know is that the address name that are numbers only go up to 300. Thus, width is three digit number the ideal situation would be to create some type of logical statement where ?0 equals ?0th this would replace all numbers such as 10th, 20th, 30th...90th"

I am more GIS savvy than excel but i am willing to learn if there are any solutions to this problem. I will continue to go through the archive to see if this has already been addressed (no pun intended).

But any advice would be great

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyphus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back