For my buddies Richard and Rory...

*yawns* *streches* *yawns again*

OK, while I appreciate everyone who took the time to respond, I gotta tell ya, them stories ain't quite the edge-of-my-seat yarns I was hopin' for. :nya: I can see that I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

BBC - Page last updated at 02:50 GMT, Friday, 3 April 2009 03:50 UK
<o:p></o:p>

LONDON - Today a group of protesters surrounded several “banker-looking types” as they were exiting a local pub, pinning two of them against the front glass of a neighboring chocolatier’s shop. The two gentlemen backed against the display of bombalinas, toffees and various exotic truffles were Mr. Rory Archibald, a local reinsurance analyst and Mr. Richard Schollar, a chartered accountant. Both gentlemen had exited the pub with “one for the road” in hand and there was great concern that the pressing crowd of crusty anarchists might cause some of their precious libations to slop over onto the sidewalk.

Mssrs. Schollar and Archibald quickly deployed their umbrellas and used them to hold the throng of the unwashed at bay while they hastily sipped their beverages down to less slosh-prone levels. Bobbies were seen on the perimeter of the horde attempting to free the confined men. However the officers were held back by the sheer force of the wretched smell wafting from the anarchists and were obliged to await reinforcement from the anti-terrorist units, who carry gas masks.

Once Mr. Archibald had safely polished off his beer, he began to tire of the situation and went on the offensive. He launched into a loud, monotone soliloquy of the various aspects involved in reinsurance analysis. He expounded upon the minutiae of life reinsurance, facultative underwriting, risk management and capital-motivated reinsurance services. The anarchists were caught unprepared and were soon showing signs of disorientation and lethargy.

Mr. Schollar quickly comprehended the nature of his friend’s gambit and (after also finishing his own drink) took the reins from Mr. Archibald and began a discourse on various aspects of investment analysis used by the global insurance industry. Just as Mr. Schollar had several of the protestors nodding off he made a comment which mentioned AIG in passing and the crowd began to rustle and become agitated. However Mr. Schollar quickly recovered by beginning a detailed explanation of how to create a Cartesian product using MS Query in Microsoft Excel. This soon had the crowd back in a serene mood.

Mr. Archibald then completed the sleep spell by explaining proper usage of class modules and userforms. By the time he finished explaining how to raise custom events, loud snores could be heard throughout the multitude. The gentlemen closed their umbrellas, stepped gingerly through the dormant mob and then proceeded to the nearest train platform.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
**** Greg,

You ought to check if the KC Star is hiring. I know the publisher. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eui

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back