Football Stats Problem

mikelriggs24

I have several sheets that have individual game statistics and 1 sheet that will serve as the season totals sheet. I have the players in A1 listed as ## NAME. My problem is that not everyone has stats for every game so for one game 00 DOE may have defensive stats on R3 and another game he may be R5. Is there a way to have the totals sheet pull the row based on name. The problem that I see coming from this, is that because these kids play offense and defense they could be in the A1 column several times. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
What does ## NAME mean?

Are you saying you have the stat with the name or is that the number on the jersey?

02 Bobby
16 Johnny

??

What is the R3? Rank? Is the ## the rank? More importantly is all this contained in one cell? I would split them out so name is in a different field than the player rank, then you can do all your calculations without using FIND or SEARCH functions.

Otherwise I think you would need to use MATCH, then on sheet 1 for season stats would count or sum the rankings for any cell that contain "Bobby"

Upvote 0
Im sorry for not clarifying myself, I think I actually confused myself when typing this out. In column a I have players listed by their 2 digit number as well as last name so for example 10 RIGGS. R3 was Row 3 and R5 was Row 5. here is a snapshot to let you see how it is set up.
excel.png

Upvote 0
I think the match and INDEX combos might work, I just don't know how to use them all that well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nizar501

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back