Find consecutive records

millerlite2ky

Board Regular
I have a database consisting of race results. For the recordbook, without having to manually do this, I'd like to find out which driver has the record for most consecutive starts, wins, etc. Is there a way to do this for a report or a form.

Scott

Hi Scott

In answer to your question :

When I did, the Query1 in design window changed to Query1Alias. Is this right?

Yes - even though it is an "alias" it changes the name of the query / table in the upper half of the query window. The "alias" is necessary for the ranking query. And for this question :

Also, are you talking about deleting the existing relationship between my Drivers table and Events table in the Relationship window?

No - when I say "delete the link" I mean in the query screen, not the relationship screen - you have to delete the link in the query (not the relationship) otherwise the consecutive queries won't work. The reason we delete the link is to get an event for every dirver, whether they started or not, in order to determine consecutivity (is there such a word?).

Also, once you get this working and you have your answer(s), you might want to exclude some records from the queries to speed them up given that retired drivers will no longer top the list of most consecutive starts / wins etc (unless they are already number 1).

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dofrancis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back