exporting data to access

galt13

Board Regular
I'm not sure if this makes sense or not but here goes. I'm trying to set up a training presentation using Microsoft Power Point 2010 in Kiosk mode that has a quiz at the end of it. I don't have a problem with any of that. What I can't figure out is how to export the employee name and quiz score to a Microsoft Access 2010 database for record keeping purposes using vba. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
No anger intended; I just tend to be direct and matter-of-fact. I am somewhat familiar with Access VBA and a bit with Excel too. If you looked, you would find that I've helped lots of people here and at Access Forums (.net) and have received a fair amount of positive feedback and thanks. You probably know that everyone who helps out here and in other forums does so by way of giving their own free time and desire to share knowledge. I will admit that sometimes, it's frustrating when people don't answer a simple question when they're asking for help - I guess that's my problem, not theirs. My alternative is to just drop a thread and move on, so not sure which is worse. In your case, for example, nothing you posted indicates the information you want to get into the database is in Excel, yet that's where it appears this solution is headed. I could have helped with that after your first post if that's what I knew. However, I would take a pass if it was in Word for example, because I do not know that object model at all, and have no intention of learning it. Thus I would not have wasted any more of your time (or mine). I could even have stated that depending on your setup, you might not need DAO or ADO at all. Hope you find a good solution.

Well thanks for your time anyway. I'm not sure how I could have made it any clearer though. I'm allowing user input to a class built into a Powerpoint presentation and I want to take the information from that class and store it in Access. I would assume that the object model for Access is the important part in this case. Again, thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Well, I guess I'm not as intuitive as I could be, because what you wrote was
I'm trying to set up a training presentation using Microsoft Power Point 2010 in Kiosk mode that has a quiz at the end of it. I don't have a problem with any of that. What I can't figure out is how to export the employee name and quiz score to a Microsoft Access 2010 database for record keeping purposes using <acronym title="visual basic for applications">vba</acronym>
and
I'm accepting user input and I would like to write that input to an access darabase. what I'm having trouble with is writing to access using <acronym title="visual basic for applications">vba</acronym>
Not "how to export the employee name and quiz score from my PowerPoint class object"

It's interesting that you seemed to accept xenou's suggestions, which when I followed the links, are about exchanging data between Excel and Access and don't seem to have anything to do with PowerPoint class objects, much less custom created ones if that's what you have. I don't get the connection between that and what I now believe you have, which is a custom class object that contains properties that you have set so as to represent data that you want to migrate to Access. If that's the case, WOW - that's cool. My only guess at this point is that you can 'reference' classes and dll's in an Access project, so that may be a route you can take. Maybe you could reference its properties within Access simply by registering your class module. Or I wonder if you copied the PP class module into Access (so that it shows in the Nav Pane) would there be enough similarity between the PP class and how Access can deal with custom class objects. I have some experience with Access class objects and it's not much more than accessing the class properties or methods and retrieving their values - if you know the properties and what comprises their 'key' values. You might be able to enumerate the properties of your custom PP class object using Access and vba. This is probably not spot on, but I imagine something like

Sub EnumClass()
Dim prop as property
Dim cls as class
Set cls = 'name of your class module'
for each prop in cls
debug.print prop.name
next
End Sub
Probably not real close, but that and this link (access PP from Access) might get you started:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa159920(v=office.11).aspx

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dofrancis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back