Exporting a query to excel from access

TTR9000

I need to export a query to excel and then have it take the data and make a pivot table. And I have no clue on how to do this. Any help would be great.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
First, go to Access and create the Query, test it, and save it as a query.

Go to Excel, click on Data; Pivot Table and Chart ...; click on External Datasource; click on Get Data; Then click on "New data Source" ...; Click on Okay and give it a name; Then Select "Access" as the driver; click on "Select" and click the file path and Dbname.

From this point you will be able to point to the query within Access - select it, and finish completing the pivot table as normal.

Next time you want to change the query - for example, to a different where clause, or something - you can click on the existing pivot table worksheet, save it under a new name, and then click on the Pivot Table, and click wizard - then click the back button and select datasources, and you will be able to point to the new data source (ie: query)

Note: I have successfully been using the above method for around two weeks, but I am trying to get to a new functionality - I would like the pivot table, the queries to both be dynamic, so that I only need to create one spreadsheet and one query and pass the info to Access to complete the where clause dynamically - I will let you know how that goes. I am very close.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KENNETH ROGERS

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back