Excel Updated! Scrolling in VBE!

joefrench

I'm sure the majority of the board is aware of this but.....I did an online update to Excel yesterday and received a wonderful surprise this morning. You can now scroll in the VB Editor!

Sorry. :oops: Pretty pumped about this. :lol:

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Well......I couldn't. Not in v.2003. Excel 2007 has the capability to scroll and I knew there was an add-in that somebody built to scroll. But I was pretty sure that there was no scrolling capability in 2003 VBE. I could be wrong. :oops:

A lot of us old timers downloaded FreeWheel or a similar add-in off the 'net to fix that ('cause yeah, it was *really* annoying not to be able to scroll with the wheel). Neat to hear that they managed to finally fix that.

Regards,

It was extremely annoying and frustrating! As soon as I found out that the update fixed that, I had to let my pals on the board know (although I'm sure somebody here was aware).

Ah I see - the scroll wheel on your mouse now works!? Sorry, I thought you literally meant you couldn't scroll the code pane (ie use the scroll bars etc).

You know, I've never actually noticed that you can't use the scroll wheel in the VBE!

Oh. I see. I was pretty vague. :lol:

Wow! I guess you're not much of a scroller! :wink:
When I first started working in VBE, I attempted to scroll (with mouse wheel) and thought my system had frozen. :o

Joe, not to make you feel bad, but if you do a search here for "FreeWheel" you'll find that the phenomenon of the scroll wheel not working in the VBE is the subject of at least ten threads (and probably more where members recommend a different download to fix).

I guess Richard's code is so succint that he does not need to scroll so much. That or else he uses a really, really old mouse that doesn't have a wheel...

Oh -- just noticed this!!! So to Mr. <s>Scroller</s> erm, I mean Mr. Schollår, Congratulations on post #8K!!! :bow:<sup>8</sup>

Not going to make me feel bad. I've seen threads on the scroll wheel not working and posts about the fixes.

I'm sure the reason for Richards lack of scrolling is due to good coding...and after reading many of his posts.....I doubt his mouse is really really old. I was just trying to make a joke. :-D Was going to make the "Scroller/Schollar" joke as well but I figured that'd be going too far.

Nice work Mr. Schollar! :pray:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleH77

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back