Excel removes Macros

janus67

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
a friend made up an Excel sheet ( 2007) with a few Macros on it--- when I run it on my puter (also with 2007), it says " found unreadable content etc - do you trust the sender etc--yes
then when it opens, a box comes up that Excel has " repaired" the file - ie removed some/all the Macros-- this time I managed to read the removed parts as under--
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error033240_01.xml
</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\k\My Documents\Ephem1980-2008DecGeo1.xlsm'
</summary><removedParts summary="Following is a list of removed parts:"><removedPart>Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part.
(Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))</removedPart></removedParts></recoveryLog>

the original sheet works fine on other puters, for some reason, not mine

are there any suggestions as to how I may get the sheet running properly please

thanks Keith

I am facing similar issue, only difference is all my .xlsm files are "Read Only" files. I used to import data on a "Read Only" .xlsm template and then save the file with today's data, keeping the template intact. For some reason all my .xlsm files are throwing - "Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part. (Visual Basic for Applications (<acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">VBA</acronym>))". VBA is installed and all settings are enabled on Trust Center.

Also when I remove the "Read Only" option, and import data macro works fine.

Any thought!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tixarah

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back