Excel Questions forum navigation

Firefly2012

Another question on the lines of "anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?":

When I click on a thread in the Excel Questions forum, thread opens quickly with no problem. However, there seems to be half a second delay during which it looks like something else (eg pictures/adverts) is also loading and once complete my screen drops to the bottom of the thread page. This is inconvenient and annoying. It also seems to mean I need to press Back twice to get back to the list of questions.

I am fully prepared to accept this is exclusive to me/my company as I am used to the various inconvenience measures they impose on us to make our lives that bit less enjoyable.

It seems to be an intermittent problem that has been happening for the past week or so (see: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610348). We think it might have something to do with certain adds causing page load problems. The Board Admins are trying to figure out which ads may be causing problems.

If it happens again, try to take note of the ad on the page when the problem occurs and let us know which one it is.

Thanks

Thanks Joe4 - yes that is exactly what I was seeing. I will note down what i see if it happens again.

It happens to me, and when I navigate back Adserver is the first item in the list (hold down the button to see it). I have added Adserver to Restricted Sites.

It's happening to me again in the Excel Questions forum. Whatever link is loading/resulting in being plonked at the bottom of the page is flashing up too quickly for me. Sigh.

It goes pretty quickly - seems to hit me for about an hour or so in the morning 9am ish UK time, but certainly by lunch time everything was back to normal.

It happens to me the first time each day that I try to access the board. After the first time, I don't have a problem.

That's interesting Tina - I'm sure it happens to me more frequently than just the first time. I will monitor it tomorrow though.

I find it happens to me when I first login at around 8:00 AM EST most every day, but seems to resolve itself by about 8:30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agata

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back