Excel only filters first two rows

kknapper

Hi. I have a spreadsheet with about 20 columns that I need to be able to sort on. However, when I put a filter on the columns it is only recognizing the first two rows. For example I need to search on Country. The first two rows are USA and Canada (which are options in the filter), but the 3rd row is Spain and there are several others that aren't showing up in the filter. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

I'm a little confused as you have a Table but you have hidden the header row where the filters are. Those filters show all the data.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Please keep your responses on the forum - the email was only so that I could see your file.

Row 6 on your sheet is hidden - if you unhide it you will see the filters.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for your help; I think I've got it sorted now. I suspect the 'hidden row' problem arose when I tried to format the table, but all seems well now.

Upvote 0
Just ran into this odd issue on Excel 365. Solved it by inserting a new row below the filter row. Then copy/inserted all the rows below the new blank row into the new blank row. Now the filters work as expected.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back