Excel only filters first two rows

kknapper

Hi. I have a spreadsheet with about 20 columns that I need to be able to sort on. However, when I put a filter on the columns it is only recognizing the first two rows. For example I need to search on Country. The first two rows are USA and Canada (which are options in the filter), but the 3rd row is Spain and there are several others that aren't showing up in the filter. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Welcome to the Board!

What version of Excel are you using?
Are there any blank rows in your table of Data?
How are you setting up the AutoFilter?

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding!

I don't have any blank rows and I'm using office 2007.

When I set up the filters I just click on the cell in the first row of the column and then go to Sort/Filter and click the filter button. As soon as I go to filter it all I see is the value for the first row. I thought it was the first two but it's only seeing the first row.

Upvote 0
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with about 20 columns that I need to be able to sort on. However, when I put a filter on the columns it is only recognizing the first two rows. For example I need to search on Country. The first two rows are USA and Canada (which are options in the filter), but the 3rd row is Spain and there are several others that aren't showing up in the filter. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you!

All these years later I am having exactly the same problem. If you ever got a solution and are still getting these messages I would be very grateful to know!

Upvote 0
I have created a spreadsheet and want to filter to select certain rows, but when I apply the filter it only seems to list values from the first two rows, not all. What have I done wrong?

Upvote 0
Did you select all of the data before applying the filter?

Upvote 0
Yes, tried that - though I wasn't clear why it was necessary. The filter down arrow appears OK, but the drop down list of choices doesn't include any in cells below the first couple of rows. Thanks for responding so promptly.

Upvote 0
It's to ensure that all the rows are included when you set up the filter initially.

Can you post a workbook somewhere - e.g. Dropbox or OneDrive - for me to have a look at?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back