Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Nope...I'll stick with Office 2000

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yeah, I love it!

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No...The Ribbon UI SUCKS...

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
I haven't used the main XL2007 help much, but whoever did that to the VBA help should be taken out and beaten, IMO.

And there was me hoping you might know their identity Rory :(

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
If I'm invited to the Summit next year, I will try and go just to find that out! :)

...but whoever did that to the VBA help should be taken out and beaten, IMO.
If you bring a nice cricket bat, I'll <S>hold the rascal down</S> sit on him -- that ought to keep the rascal pinned while you knock some sense into him. :nya:

Last edited:
I have it, but I'm not terribly impressed with it. I don't like the ribbon concept; most features are even harder to find.

I ticked the yeah option, but really I wanted, 'Yes I use it, but I am not enthralled.' Hmm.

Lord Bob:)
I think all of those remarks are fair and accurate, and don't get me wrong about Karl. Karl is awesome and I have learned tons and tons from him and his site. So much so, I wish he had a section about .Net that was as deep as his VB6 site. But he doesn't and so the community has had to march on without him... And they did. And now for most modern development it's a world without Karl.

And how much impact has that dramatic example had on Microsoft? Exactly.

I'm not saying Office12 is perfect in every way, wanting in nothing. I'm just observing that MS isn't well known for listening to their user community. They will continue in the direction they are heading with or without my support. And in the mean time I need a paycheck:)

And to your point about Apple taking market share, all I can say is you are right. Office 2003 is missing a lot of things it could be doing... Of course the only way to fix that would be to change the product ;D

Oh and as for Open Source. I love and support Open Source... But it's free... See previous comments about needing a paycheck.

Oorang,

I think we have to pretty well aligned overall views, even if we differ around the edges :)

My point about Karl is that he like everyone else is free to make his own course, follow his own direction. He was/is a VB6 giant, but MS cut him because they couldn't stand the criticism (the final straw was probably the VB6 petition). He may be a bit over-eager in voicing his opinion (Understatement?), but that doesn't sound like a confident, listening company to me. That is a big weakness in the MS structure IMO as they are sure they know best; they are sure SQM data is the best you can get (true if best = lowest common denominator); they are sure that their technical soothsayers are the best even though they have been late to every major technological change over the past 15 years and then missed the point when they have jumped aboard; and they are sure that their graphical designers are the best even though they flout all of the basic rules of good graphics/UI/visual effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanle89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back