Excel limits?

Yes.

Know what I have IBM P4 (dates around 2002) in the office, it meek-grunts at almost everything. Especially, 3D CAD apps that we use in Oil & Gas field.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
True, but when a huge workbook brings your PC to its knees, you appreciate something with more grunt ;-)

Denis
Yeah, that's what I need, more grunt.

I so badly want to get a new machine but I'm paralyzed about exactly how I want to "spec it".

32 bit or 64 bit? I want to be able to use ALL of my current 32 bit software WITH NO PROBLEMS.

I see in forums that there's a lot of problems with 64 bit Office software. So for that reason I'd like to stay with 32 bit but then I'll still be in the stone age even though I have brand new machine! :confused:

Computer technology, wait a day or two and it's already obsolete! :laugh:

Last edited:
Heya Biff,

If it helps any, I have Windows 7 64-Bit with Office 2010 32-Bit and don't have any problems. I uninstalled Office 2010 64-Bit after a day because of incompatibilities.

If you're willing to build it yourself you can find some great barebones PC deals at TigerDirect. Shoot, I think a 1TB hard-drive is $54!

TigerDirect and NewEgg both have great prices on parts. Built my parents a computer for christmas last year. Triple core AMD processor & motherboard, 320gb HD, 600W PSU, 4GB RAM -- all that was only $350ish. Add in a DVD Drive and a case, you're only looking at around $400. Then if ya need a new Win7 disc, that's another $200. Still, for $600 you can build a computer that is worth about $750-$800 retail (and it will have quality parts in it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back