Excel Devloper Position

doggo

Board Regular
I was wondering if it would be ok to post a Excel / VBA position on this forum. Can someone confirm please?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
or you could just send it to me first and give me first refusal :-D

Could do with a new job right at the moment depending on what it is.

(Just don't look at some of the posts I've made asking stupid questions)

That's actually a good question? Since we have such great expertise with Excel on this board, wouldn't it be nice to have an area to post available positions to? I'm not actively looking for work, but if something nice came up, this would be a great forum for displaying your skills. Maybe we can have a thread for employers looking for talent? Just a thought.

Cal

This seems fine to me; a high-level overview of requirements, like location, skill-sets. But perhaps not going quite as far as a detailed job posting... At this point, you now know who to contact and what the topic of discussion is.

I would prefer the specific details of that discussion to be taken outside of this forum, to a more private discussion. From there you can share detailed information as both parties see fit.

Regards,
Nathan
Forum Admin

Heh, yes indeed, Nathan P. are the givens. And no worries Pook, most women come up with a pet name or two for me. Plus, I suspect your Forum Admin powers might be more powerful than mine... :lol:

Have a nice weekend, everyone. :)

Actually Ithink it is a good idea, but create another forum for it...call it jobsearch

Hmmm, well, there are many things this site is not, and I can't be sure if this site is an employment service of some sort as well... I'm tempted to say it is not.

One of the problems with this, that I see, is that while I have hard time seeing the site making distinguishments on skill sets and people posting to such a forum, the forum would undoubtly be associated with the contents and activities occurring in such a forum.

The concern being there could be a quality control issue that in turn might inadvertantly reflect poorly on and detract from the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back