Excel 365 layout change

KillerOfGiants

Office Version
  1. 365
Hello,

Our office has 365. One of my comrades, just today, when he started using excel, the visible layout changed.
His no longer has the green accent bar at the top (or at the side when you click file).
Additionally, his tabs now look like individual buttons.

We cannot figure out how to change it back (if it can). Nor do we understand his changed and mine did not.

Attachments

• Tabs.png
    Tabs.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 25

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
The buttons look fine to me, you would need to show me yours using the "same" spreadsheet.
The green accent bar sounds like the he has his theme set to white and you have it set to colorful.
Compare the setting below your setting with theirs.

1717227739221.png

Upvote 0
They didn't used to be buttons. They have changed. There is now a gap between tab names, thus making the tabs list at the bottom longer. The lack of a green accent bar is disheartening as it helps differentiate from other open windows when I don't have it open to maximum size and now blends in with everything else. (Mine just switched and I had a pop up about the new MS 365 themes). There is no section that allows the look to revert to the previous settings.

Upvote 0
You seem to be comparing machines but have not show how the other machine looks.
My machine's tab setting look the same as what you are showing (assuming you applied a colour to your tabs)
I am running: Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2405 Build 16.0.17628.20006) 64 bit on Windows 11.
Also did you try changing the Theme to colorful per my post #2 ? Did that not bring the Green accent bar back ?

1717462191719.png

Upvote 0
I found an image online that shows the old view. I did a snip it of the new view.
The green accent at the top is different.
The tabs at the bottom now have a "gap" (therefore taking up more space, which when a workbook has a number of tabs means that not all the tabs might be visible at once).
Even the scroll bars to the right and at the bottom are different (rounded and shaded).

Yes, I have tried the themes. My theme before it changed was set to Use system setting. That is the same setting after the change. None of the themes revert back to the original look.

Attachments

• Old View.jpg
    Old View.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 13
  • New View.JPG
    New View.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
I don't think you will be able to change the new Sheet Tab styling or the Scroll bar look but you can get the Green back on the Title bar by changing your setting to Colorful as I have mentioned in 2 of the posts above.
You can do this at the Excel Level through options or at the Office Level through Account.

You can read more of that here make sure you expand the 1st 2 FAQs to see the details:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back