Event working on form but not on Navigation Form

bnecrush

I have put a check box on a form that when clicked previews the report for that record. When I perform this on the form it works fine but when I go to the Navigation Page and try it it says "Enter Parameter Value". Why would it work on the form but not on the navigation form? I have tried it several times on both with the same results.

Thanks, your explanation helps too. I am guessing that your book helps a ton too! That will be the next thing I do, order your book "Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out". Thanks Again!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
^^ Ditto. Thanks Jeff for the explanations.
ξ

Upvote 0
No problem, happy to help.
Enjoy the book.
--------------------
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
SDET II - Access Test Team - Microsoft Corporation

Author - Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Access 2007/2010 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com
----------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have similar issue with my forms in Navigation tab form. I googled the issue but couldn't come up with similar issues until I saw this correspondence. So one issue so far is that I have a form that looks like datasheet (without being actual datasheet view of form), just like Microsoft has example of datasheet called “Student” and it’s “Student List” form. When I created Navigation tab form and input the “Student List” to the tab, it changes to vertical forms. How can I fix it so that the “Student List” form will look as is under Navigation tab form? The second issue is that I have a button on “Student List” form and it works but it doesn’t work when the form is under Navigation tab form. It gives me an error saying “The command or action ‘UnhideColumns’ isn’t available now. *You may be in a read-only database or an unconverted database from an earlier version of Microsoft Access. *The type of object the action applies to isn’t currently selected or isn’t in the active view. Use only those commands and macro actions that are currently available for this batabase.”. The embedded Macro for this is “RunMenuCommand – Command UnhideColumns”. Please assist. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dofrancis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back