Etiquette?

Okay okay okay...

We have all put more time in this than it deserves and more than my ADD can cope with. I clearly went outside the bounds bringing it up in the manner in which I did and for that I apolgize if I offended any Mod/Admin/User. I will be happy to be an example to all for my dumbassery!

In my defense, How does a Mod/Admin know who and why a users post is edited?

Now, one last thing that I just want to try and get a simple yes or no answer to.

Is it unreasonable, in the future, when a moderator/Admin edits a legitimate post for what ever reason, that the editor leave a brief note in the message saying who they are and hopefuly a more descriptive answer than HTML removed? I would have been happy with "Bad HTML" if they are running out of bits.

If I had known the HTML was bad, I could have asked for help, without whining and throwing a tempter tantrum, which is out of charachter for me BTW.

My wife says I am going though MAN-o-pause and should buy a motorcyle or Porshe and get over it. I don't dare ask her about a younger woman, the woman has a meat grinder and four dogs.

Kristy, thanks for your example of Good vs Bad HTML. From those examples, I honestly cannot tell if my post, which appeared clean to me was having an adverse affect. My assumption was that if the table looked okay then the HTML was good. I did not pay attention to the remaining layout of the topic. I also ask that you include these specific examples in the FAQ of what a good and bad posting looks like.

Nate, Both you and Kristy have done nothing but treat me with respect and honesty and for that I am very grateful. I was looking at this issue from a selfish point of view and I again apologise.

K.

Hello again,

Not really looking to make an example of anyone... Just trying to come to a mutual understanding as to how and why our forums operate the way they do. In that sense, in a few days, this thread might move to protected area, out of sight.

How do I know who modified your post? If a post gets modified by an Admin, there's a 95% chance it was one of the following 3 Admin:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/groupcp.php?g=19117

Being a sassy veteran, I can tell by the message text who did the editing. In the example you're referring to, it was not me, I now have a pretty good chance of determining who has modified your post. ;)

And, if you PM 'AdminMsg' all Admin have access to your PM, so the Admin who did modify your post, will probably see your PM, so...

Which one of the three, or Moderators, tends to be of less consequence than the matter of why your post was edited, really.

In the case of 'HTML Removed' it was removed because the HTML is bad. Saying 'Bad HTML' is no better or more descriptive (in defacto practice) than saying 'HTML Removed' because they are one in the same.

No one here gets any pleasure out of removing HTML that's formatted to look like a Spreadsheet. Trust me. In a perfect world, everyone would get it right, and I'd never have to edit a post. This is a mundane, administrative, manual task.

The only reason HTML is removed, if the reason is the HTML itself, is because it is bad HTML that is corrupting the thread, and it needs to be removed, and reapplied.

Otherwise there's usually a note, e.g.,

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=775526#775526
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=777591#777591
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=1060975#1060975

Now, in the 2nd example, I actually posted a follow-up post... But it's pretty rare I do so... A simple note at the end of the original post should suffice, nicely.

I would probably listen to the wife, you could probably do a lot worse than to have her tell you to go out and buy a Porche!! :LOL:

I did something similar, I bought a Jeep, and while it has the aerodynamics of a house, with 420 bhp, it's got some rather serious get-up and go!! :cool:

I only pop in my time to time, but would like to say I think the quality of the moderation is terrific. This thread shows it. You could have said, "we are the management we and what we say goes. [then lock the thread]" Instead, you chose not to and took the time to explain and give members a little glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes with very insightful and comprehensive comments.

I'm a moderator for an unrelated forum and can appreciate all the time and effort that goes into running a quality forum. This one is much higher traffic than mine, so I can imagine the difficulties you must run into every day with posts not being quite right, spam, vulgarity, flaming, member complaints and the like. I think most people do not realize the time and effort it takes to run a quality forum and that most people take what the see for granted.

Keep up the good work, guys. You run a good shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back