Email tables

pastels

Hello,

I have a monthly task of sending out records (Access/Excel) to various employees that I think is very cumbersome and hoping can be done automatically. I’ve just recently stumbled upon this site and am amazed at what people can do with Access and Excel. We use Access/Excel 97 here at work and will update to XP sometime next year.

Here’s the scenario of the process:

- I receive an Access database that contain table/s. Tables contains various amount of records (could range from 1 to over 1 million) and various fields but always contain an employee email address, employee area mgr email, and employee regional mgr email.
- I create a table for each of the employee where records belong to them. I name the table “employeeemail_yyyymmdd” where yyyymmdd represents the day it’s created.
- Depending on the instructions given to me, I do one of the following:
- Export each table in Excel (in it’s own workbook) using the table name as the file name. (only if records doesn’t exceed Excel limit)
- Create an Access mdb for each of the table using the table name as the file name.
- Combination of both.

- Then I send each file (Excel/Access) to the employee it belongs to copying their area mgr and regional mgr (when available) and sometime blind copying my supervisor when required and zipping the files with Winzip when it exceeds 1 mb and sending through Outlook.

Sorry for the long detail. Can this be done programatically? If so, how?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back