Edit time expires, why is there an option?

scrupul0us

Seems to me, that if we aren't able to edit our posts after 50 minutes (which is a random time), that there shouldn't be an edit icon available after that time either...

I believe that idea has come up before--however, The board is set up that way be default and I don't know how much work it would take to implement it.

Something to look into, at any rate (although to be honest it wouldn't be very high on the list of things ;) )

prolly as simple as modifing an existing or creating a simple little function within whatever function includef ile phpbb works off of...

there might even be a hack out there...

just thought i'd bring it up

All those little MODS are actually more work and difficult to upkeep then people realize.

Ive done some playing with Vbulletin to the tune of removing some buttons when a user was registered and so forth, and as stated required a little code snippet here and there... as for upkeep... If you properly comment and notate your site changes and upkeep (as ANY good website admin should) then its a snap to work with

scrupul0us said:
Ive done some playing with Vbulletin to the tune of removing some buttons when a user was registered and so forth, and as stated required a little code snippet here and there... as for upkeep... If you properly comment and notate your site changes and upkeep (as ANY good website admin should) then its a snap to work with

That's great, but this isn't a vBulletin board.

There is someone who handles the code for the board, but something like this is pretty low priority.

vBulletin is used by the TOE site. It's a LOT easier to edit than phpBb is
I mean.. *I* can edit TOE.. I can't touch it here, tho

I realize this isnt VBulletin, this is PHPBB... but I had no idea ( according to starl ) that manipulating phpBB's code would be that much different... six and a half dozen the other... theres an entire section of mods on the phpbb website... but as you said, basic functionality improvements are low on the priority list ::biggrin::

VBulletin gives you a VERY nice interface panel...think of it like the Windows of bulletin software (w/o the bugs).
PhpBB - sucks - think of it like DOS; It consists of managing topics and users; there's no template interface - not compared to VBulletin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back