Dynamic new table from old table using drop-downs

DeltBunyan

Hello,
I don't have much (read any) real VBA experience. So I can copy and paste code and even start to make sense of it, but I can't create it myself.

I have a table of employee data that ranges by month from 2014 through 2016. It also includes teams, unique identifiers, and such.

I have two drop-downs on a separate worksheet that select Month and Year. I'd like to be able to have those drop-downs dynamically filter the table. That's step one. Can someone please help me?

Step two is then to create separate lists (or tables) from the filtered original table to show team members. So for example, if I selected December 2015 in the drop-down boxes, I would want the original table to filter for only those two variables (December and 2015), and I also want separate tables to show the members of Team 1, Team 2, and Team 3. How do I do this?

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Have you thought of using Pivot Tables instead? If you have Excel 2010+ you can add Slicers for Month, Year & Team, otherwise you'll want to put them in the pivot table Filter field.

Upvote 0
Have you thought of using Pivot Tables instead? If you have Excel 2010+ you can add Slicers for Month, Year & Team, otherwise you'll want to put them in the pivot table Filter field.

Hi Smitty,

Thanks for your reply! I have thought of this, but users of my information are stuck with Excel 2007, and I need specific individuals listed rather than sums of individuals within teams. I've been trying to create a secondary table and then index-match functions to pull out unique ID's by team, but that's not working right since I'm pretty sure my criteria aren't controlling for the specific behaviors of the index-match process. Is there another way?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWahl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back