DMAX with multiple critreia HELP PLEASE

Excel_Illerate

Hello all,

I'm attempting to convert a "multiple criteria" Lotus 123 @DMAX function to a "multiple criteria" Excel =DMAX function. I've received some assistance but it did not solve the problem. Thank you for the help.

Does anyone out there have data base experience using the =DMAX function with multiple criteria? The question is to involved to attempt to explain and display it again and I haven't figured out how to post the formula here as "code".

If someone has data base experience and is interested in attempting to assist in creating the working =DMAX function with the multiple criteria, I can send you a file explaining and displaying the entire functions use. The file size is 29 KB's. Please advise me.

Thank you for any assistance.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
... The question is to involved to attempt to explain and display it again and I haven't figured out how to post the formula here as "code". ...
I doubt that you will get any answers without explaining what you want.

Upvote 0
Hello GlennUK,

I have attempted to explain this problem in the below posts:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560678
and
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2773104#post2773104

I've been pestered for quite a while now (by friends that use Excel) to convert from Lotus 123 to Excel. Everyone tells me that Excel can do so much more than 123. OK, I finally decided to do so.

But, this formula did not convert from 123 to Excel and is something I don't know how to do. I did receive some assistance, but it did not provide the correct answers to model the 123 workbook.

I'd be more than happy to send an example file to anyone (as we do in the 123 forums) if someone were interested in showing me what I'm doing wrong.

Guess I don't convert. Thank you though for the reply.

Upvote 0
This does what you want ( although you never said what is supposed to happen if a second lowest draw for a number doesn't exist ... in my formulas it returns a #REF error) :

Excel Workbook
CDEF
17#REF!244240237
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Hello crusader,

No I haven't seen that before. I will look into it. Thank you.

And GlennUK has developed a formula that works for my usage. Thank you also.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terrynelson55

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back