DIFFICULT: Converting monthly data into daily data, how

sneeky

Hi. I have two columns, one with a date every month for a couple of years (usually last day) and another column, with a value like. 0.23788 for that particular date. How do i break this down into a daily series with corresponding values. I think this is asking for some sort of regression or something, and data to be assumed from that as we not given a daily value and presume it from sort of maths/stats??? it's related to finance if that helps.
.............. SORRY I HAVE TO AMEND. IT'S NOT ASKING FOR THIS.

All it wants me to do, is break the month into days with the SAME value given for that month that's all. So if it is 0..2999 for 30th March - all days in march should have that value.
How would i do this - what formulas or similar can i do to break it down to days quickly with corresponding same value if the month is the same without manually typing it all in. 7
Thx

Last edited:
Mark thanks a lot! Your last sumproduct worked excellently. However, i realised how difficult it is and need understand it better - which is going to take time, i need to become fluent at this and unfort. books are rubbish at explaining complex formulas. But honestly. lifesaver!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
It's not that difficult sumproduct checks if the criteria matches and returns an array of either true or false which the +0 converts to a 1 or 0.
So in the table below if we are testing for March 1999 then only row 4 matches both criteria and so 55 is the only answer returned.

Excel Workbook
ABCDEF
1March1999multiply togetherrandom numbersreturned
201/03/2000100220
327/02/1999010440
412/03/19991115555
506/01/1999010660
Sheet2

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akin Himself

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back