days cycle elasped

dav41sx

Hello everyone!

I am trying to determine the cycle time between two date fields. I know cells (=L2-I2) will show the cycle amount of days. But I would like for it to look at a different scenario. I need it to look at possibly three cells to use the right date.

It will look and choose from three cells; I2, J2, or K2 when the total from the difference doesn’t add up to the total days which ever the month is in cell L2 greater than 31 or the total of days for that month. . If either cell I2, J2, and K2 are null it will skip the nulls and choose the lowest date from the three. If all are null it will use cell L2.

Sorry a bit confused, although it sounds to me to some degree that you want a date from I2:K2 that is not on a weekend or holiday, that is less than 90 days old, but I thought you wanted the minimum date, now you say you want the maximum date, and if the conditions above are not met, you want the date from L2.

So do you want the minimum date or maximum date? But you also say you want the difference of dates. Which do you want, a date or the difference?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Okay let’s start from scratched.

The very first thing it will do is L2-I2 and if the total is greater than 90 days it will look at L2-J2 or L2-K2. It will select the one L2-J2 or L2-K2 that is less than 90 days but min of the two, if any of the two is greater than 90 days it will choose L2 again. If either cell is null or N/A after all the first three conditions is not met it will use L2-L2 again.

Once I get this right I can do this without weekends and holidays. We can do this last.

Man! I am sorry about this!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peaches000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back