Creating multiple login usernames/passwords in workbook

SonicBoomGolf

I am sure that what I want to do can be done, but I don't have any idea where to start with this. On that note, this post is meant to be a brainstorming session :biggrin:

I have a tab of a workbook devoted to inputing information that is used to develop a profile on a particular person. Upon completing all the fields, the person hits my "Create Profile" button and their information is entered into my "database" (a different tab in the workbook). Pretty straight forward so far.

What I would like to do is have the person also enter a username and password on my profile creation tab so that when they enter the workbook next time they can enter their username and password and they will be directed to their specific tab in the workbook (for arguments sake we will make this their personal "profile" tab)

I guess that what I am looking for is a login prompt upon opening the file that asks for the users name and password. The login would check the "database" tab to see if the login matches the current username/password combinations on file. If the login matches, they are directed to their special tab. If they don't have a username/password then there will also be the option to create a profile.

There would be multiple profiles, each with a different login name/password chosen by the creator. None of them are accessing the file at the same time.

So what do the pros think?? :)

I finally got it to work!! Thank you so much everyone for all the help that you have given me. I cannot even begin to explain how helpful everyone was. HalfAce, glad you stayed for the party!! PennySaver, thanks for the file. It gave me some very good ideas. Nimrod….what can I say. You took it easy on me, right? :biggrin:

While I know I cannot post my web site (which is currently in development) that this whole process was designed for, if you check out my profile, the address will be there. If you are a golfer, make sure to check it out!! I can easily add 20 yards to your drives :wink:

Again, thank you everyone!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
trackman69

Are you going to have a process and tool for the users first logon ? In other words a way for the user to set up a new unique login name and password ?
Also a way for the user to change their profile or password information ??

Upvote 0
I already have a profile creation option on the userform that directs the user to the profile creation tab if they don't have an id. At this point I do not have a password update form, but for my purposes I don't need it. I just wanted to have a functional model to illustrate my ideas to the programmers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back