Create a filtered data set in one cell then get max value based from multiple criterias

kemethew

I have a data set, say 3 columns with an infinite number of rows. For the first column I'll put in names, second would be left handed or right handed, then third would be age.

Now I'd use 2 cells, first which will contain a value of a name as first criteria, and the other will contain a value whether left or right handed as second criteria.

Now since from my data set I have people of the same names as well as handedness, I only want the highest age among these people who satisfy my 2 criterias.

As of the moment the result I could only produce is the first data which satisfies my 2 criterias.

This issue has been posted at
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-ge...-max-value-based-from-multiple-criterias.html

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi. It depends on your excel version. Do you have MAXIFS? If so use that. For example:

=MAXIFS(C:C,A:A,E1,B:B,F1)

Upvote 0
I do not have sir, for my sample file that max and if works but for my real file it doesn't because I would get a circular reference error. I've uploaded a cut out from my real file on the excelforum thread sir.

Upvote 0
Well you have to change the ranges as it was an example. I cant see your workbook so i dont know where the data is.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back