Copy into partially protected excel sheet

Zunit

Hi,

I have an excel sheet with certain cells protected which I sent out to various branches/divisions to complete. They could only complete the unprotected cells.

Now I want to copy these sheets all into one workbook. This workbook should have separate tabs for each of the divisions sheets. This workbook also has the same format as the worksheets I want to copy from (with the same cells protected also).

I want to copy one worksheet at a time into the consolidated workbook. But excel doesn't allow me to do this because some of the cells are protected on both sides.

If I were to copy each unprotected cell at a time it would take forever to do. And I don't have the password to unlock the sheets/workbook.

Please help.

Nikki, I'm pretty sure that your error is due to a mismatch between your actual workbook and worksheet name and the ones in your code.
Those names have spaces, an underscore, a dot and parentheses - so there's lots of opportunity for a typo.
Check those carefully including any double spaces, trailing or leading spaces.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back