Cool Game/Fun Math Challenge

Can we just agree that it is magic and no one will ever know how it works? A bit like my missus... :P

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Can we just agree that it is magic and no one will ever know how it works? A bit like my missus...
Yeah, I am one of those guys who always wants to know "how they do it". I would really love to know how David Copperfield pulled off some of those illusions with huge landmarks (like the Great Wall of China). Hopefully, it is not just some TV camera trick. That would be very disappointing...

Well...the stupid easy answer would be that there could be just 1 item in common across all 55 cards, with only the position of that object changing from card to card, with 385 other random objects distributed across the cards. That would make for a pretty boring game though, if you figured out that there's an apple on every card, for instance, because then you'd just have to look for the apple.
There's got to be a better answer though, but I may not be smart enough to figure it out :)

Cindy
First chuckle of my day (-:

Your solution reminds me of The "Great Bud" card trick:

http://www.citydebate.com/florida/miamibeach/template.php?url=0104010702.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back