Congratulations Tom Urtis!!! Finally coming out of the closet at 50 yrs of age!!

Yes, (belated) congratulations Tom! :beerchug:

Is GT or EvG keeping statistics on the percentage of Microsoft MVPs that are also MrExcel board members? There must be a fairly strong representation.
Peter - I would say at least 35% of the Excel MVPs that I have met at this summit are regular MrExcel posters. We had an informal beer last night (or 3 or 4!) at the Rock Bottom and of those present:

Me
Zack Barresse
Nathan Oliver
Smitty
Greg T
Bill Jelen
Roger Govier
Bill Manville
Tom Urtis
Curt Fry
Ken Puls
Mike Rosenblum
Kevin Jones (briefly)

quite a few MrExcel regulars!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Is Mr. Jones as amiable in person as he is on the web? And can you say Hi from me, if you see him again?

Ok...now I'm officially jealous. I couldn't make it to the MVP Summit this year and you just spent an evening at the Rock Bottom with some of my favorite people.

Congratulations on being awarded the Microsoft MVP!
Well deserved; you do good work.

Wow - - Thank you everyone for the responses !!

Just reading this for the first time during a break at the MS MVP Summit where I've met so many people this week who I've talked to on line but never met in person until this week. What a terrific community the Excel people are, MVP or otherwise.

And Ron, yep you missed out on a Rock Bottom Moment but I've taken lots of photos that'll be on my website after I get back home.

Thanks again all, for the nice messages !

What an absolutely terrific surprise it was when I turned around did a quick double-take and said to myself "I KNOW THAT GUY!" That's Tom Urtis! And he sheepishly confesses that yes, he's been an MS-MVP since July but didn't let us at MrExcel know about it. Were I paranoid, :huh: I might suspect that perhaps Mr. Urtis was simply attempting to distance himself from a certain other MrExcel MVP that was awarded last July. :biggrin:

Congratulations indeed, Tom!

I was quite surprised to run into you very early @ the Summit and I recognized you straight off. :)

Great news !
My sincere congratulations to you Tom. Very well deserved :beerchug:

Regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eui

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back