Conditionally format my rows if ends with

serraostudent1

just got upgraded from 2003 to 2010! I have about 500 rows of data. In my amount column I need immediately identify the rows that end with .0 and .00. do I have to set up two conditions? If so how?

My results vary with this! None of the formulas catches the .80 or .20 cents the first INTformula catches the integers ending with 00.

The first formula should catch whole numbers ending in 00 like 100 or 1000, etc. they are after all whole numbers. Post some sample data and the exact CF formula you are using, we can't see what you see w/o the workbook in front of us.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
1026.00 formula =int(a2)=a2 " true" correct same formula 3178.93 "false" also correct. I can use this formula for the first color. Here's my problem 957.90, 2096.10, 1220.20 are not being seen as "true". I do understand they are not whole numbers but I don't know how to catch them. Thanks for working with me on this.

Upvote 0
1026.00 formula =int(a2)=a2 " true" correct same formula 3178.93 "false" also correct. I can use this formula for the first color. Here's my problem 957.90, 2096.10, 1220.20 are not being seen as "true". I do understand they are not whole numbers but I don't know how to catch them. Thanks for working with me on this.
Use the second formula I gave you in my initial post for decimal numbers.

Upvote 0
Ok! The second formula e.g. INT(a2)<>a2 catches all decimals (I.e. 147.56, 1111.85, 356.10) how can I get it to ignore the .56 and .85 decimals and only catch the .10, .50, decimals ending in zero?

Upvote 0
Ok! The second formula e.g. INT(a2)<>a2 catches all decimals (I.e. 147.56, 1111.85, 356.10) how can I get it to ignore the .56 and .85 decimals and only catch the .10, .50, decimals ending in zero?
Are you asking for a condition that ignores decimal numbers that have more than one significant digit after the decimal place?

If so, try
=ROUND(A1,1) = Round(A1,2)

Upvote 0
hurray! You are a MASTER! It works for both! Had I known the zero's were insignificant I would have asked correctly the first time! That formula has just save me from countless hours of manual labor! Don't forget what you know! I and many others will need you! Thank you Joe! For the formula and for not giving up on me!

Upvote 0
hurray! You are a MASTER! It works for both! Had I known the zero's were insignificant I would have asked correctly the first time! That formula has just save me from countless hours of manual labor! Don't forget what you know! I and many others will need you! Thank you Joe! For the formula and for not giving up on me!
You are welcome - thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back