Compare two columns for Exact match and Similar matches

tommyb

Board Regular
Hi all,

I have two spreadsheets (SheetA and SheetB). SheetA has 4 columns, with ColumnA having names. SheetB has only 1 column, ColumnA, containing a different set of names.

I need to match SheetA.ColumnA with SheetB.ColumnA, and all matches need the data from SheetA copied to a new spreadsheet. However, I also need near matches, for example, Liberty Services should match with Liberty Insurance, and John & Sons Ltd should match with John Sons Ltd

I'm an intermediate with VBA, but I honestly just don't know where to start with this. The ideal solution would be a button with a macro that is placed on one of the sheets. Ideally I don't want to use the Excel Fuzzy add-in because this may be rolled out to multiple users.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I just reread what you wrote in the first post and what you wrote here in your last post. They do not match. Which means that this new topic is exactly that, a new topic and you should create a new thread for it rather than adding on to this thread. It's obvious that your new matter has nothing to do with your original post.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Oh. Well in any case, what you are asking about is not related to this thread very much. From what I can tell in your query, the search strings are on the same rows in all of your cases. This is not how the macro works that I provided in earlier threads. Yours seems way easier to accomplish. I will need to ask you to create a new threaded discussion about it though. Please ensure you paste a before and after dataset so we know what it should look like after the macro is run.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IRSHAD07

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back