Colo's Utility

Sourdust

I have tried to download Colo's utility for displaying worksheets but I get a message that an object can't be loaded because it isn't available on my machine (NT4). The HTML drop down menu does appear but gives me a runtime error when I try to use it. Is it NT or is there something I should be doing differently?

Sourdurst,

I get the same exact message, and that's only when using it on Excel 2002 (XP...whatever you want to call it). Shall I assume that's the version you're using as well?

A while back Ivan tried to help me get passed that, but from what I gathered it's because it wasn't specifically made for 2002. They tested it on 2000, but not higher (if I'm remembering correctly).

Just ignore the message box, and it works just fine and dandy. Although, if you leave the add-in "on," you will get that every time you start Excel. I got a little tired of that, so I would only turn it on when I needed to use it, then turn it back off.

But now, I just use HTMLmaker Light. It's never given me any errors whatsoever, including using it with 2002.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Kristy, altough they never removed the "Testing in 2002 by Juan Pablo G., pending" from the FAQ ( :devilish: ), I do use it on XP. I tend to use 2000 more because I takes less resources on my computer, but I occasionally open XP, to work directly with English formulas... and, I don't get the message. I think it's because of Outlook, maybe its trying to force a reference to Outlook 9.0, but the installed one is Outlook 10.0 ?

Just wanted to let you (plural) know that it DOES work on XP. I use both light and full versions, and both seem to work fine here...

Upvote 0
Oh, I know it works with XP. That wasn't what I was saying :)

I just meant that the last time I bothered to try to figure out why I kept getting that message, that was what Ivan told me. I haven't tried to find a way around it since.

It's not a big deal to me, though thanks for the response :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.
I am only on Excel 97 Pookie but I have downloaded the Light version and that works for me as well. It does all I need but I have asked Colo for his advice on version 2.32 as well. I should be used to it but I don't like things not working on my computer the way they are meant to.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Hi Sourdust
If I get the time, I'll get rid of the ActiveX control that it is referencing
and replace it with an API timer. I have the API timer working on the latest version (Xl2000+)
For Xl97, this requires a work around for the Addressof function.
Give me some time :)

Upvote 0
Ivan that is so kind of you, take all the time you need. I have always been impressed by the helpful people here but that is above and beyond the call of duty.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back