Changing User Name

On 2003-02-13 19:17, Andrew Mould wrote:
the boss has given you permission to use what? the website or the childhood nickname? is that Mr Mudface when you are at work, or maybe, Mr Face? you must clarrify this burning issue...what do i call you next time???

That's Doctor Face. I didn't laze about for years at college and scrape a PhD by the skin of my teeth to be known as a plain Mr...

Very interesting.

I was just about to give y'all a dissertation on how hard it is to change a username. So, I went to my own board and changed a test user's name (Testing to Testing1). No problem. No extra user created. No posts lost. Humph!

Course, Bill's got nearly 30 times the number of members I do, so if just one user wants to change their user name each month at mine...that means he'd have to change 30 people's names/month. And you have to get into a special area, look up the name...etc. Oh well.

Might want to think twice, Doctor -- Mudface. Now there's a screen nic not soon forgotten. Just think of someone you've helped (like me) having a conversation in a crowded restaurant. Somebody walks by my table on their way back from freshening up to hear "...then Mudface saved my life by..."; get 'em thinking about **** Tracy movies and all...

Hehe, more like 'that bastard Mudface still owes me a tenner...' :biggrin:.

Sorry to hear you're not too well at the minute, Jon, hope you get better soon.

On 2003-02-20 02:52, Dreamboat wrote:
...Course, Bill's got nearly 30 times the number of members I do, so if just one user wants to change their user name each month at mine...that means he'd have to change 30 people's names/month. And you have to get into a special area, look up the name...etc. Oh well.

Well, and he's using a different board than you as well. :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back