Change the first letter from small cap to large cap

m111

Hi all,

I have column B which comprises of month and date : Jan 02-25. However, some of them are in small letters, eg : jan 02-25. That makes the sorting inaccurate. How to convert every first letter of the month in column B to capital letter?

Thank you so much for all the help that you have given! Indeed, Mr.Excel has helped me so much that I just want to say a big thank you! :)

m111

Egress seems to have the solution for sorting by true date (but lets pretend to ignore him again, shall we :D)

I'm still confused, though. Your latest data seems to indicate that May is in 1905 and June in 1902. Even if you meant 2005 and 2002, and Egress' formula was adjusted accordingly, when you sort by his true date column, June would still come before May, since June 2002 is earlier than May 2005.

If the year is not a factor, and you just want it in order of month, use Egress' second suggestion to change all the years to 2003 (or whatever) and then sort.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back