Can someone explain a)Search facility b) MVPs, Master

also wrought out of curiosity, is there a difference between the two titans of 'MrExcel MVP' and MSMVP? or are they one in the same?

and yes Kristy, i'm happy with my new fandangled star :wink:

Ms MVP status is awarded by Microsoft.

Mr Excel MVP status is awarded by the MVPs at Mr Excel.

At the end of the day, both are deemed to be a recognition of outstanding contribution to technical communities (such as this one) around the globe, for people who share their knowledge & technical expertees with others who have a desire to learn. Except of course for Phantom 1975, who got his for being a top idiot :ROFLMAO:

Mr Excel MVPs don't get a bagful of MS software on appointment though. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps,

Will

Heya Zack, :p

See http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ for an overview of the Microsoft MVP Program.

It used to be that MVP's were selected for their participaion in the Microsoft Forums, but on a recent trip to Redmond, Bill (aka Mr. Excel) talked (conned :LOL: ) the redmonites into looking at participation on other boards (namely Mr. Excel, Ozgrid, etc.) for their selection criteria.

Our own Colo (Masaru Kaji) and Juan Pablo Gonzalez were recently named MVP's, and deservedly so! :LOL:

HTH,

Smitty

cool! thanks Smitty/Will. i guess a MrExcel MVP is kinda like an OzMVP, eh Will? :wink:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Thin Ice buddy!

I guess it depends who you're comparing :wink: I like to think that I have the same idiot qualities as the Phantom, for example.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjaimes042510

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back