Can I delete/disable my account or do I just walk away?

tweedle

I don't see what I may click in UserCP to withdraw/disable this account.
Is there a process in place?

It is possible for Moderators or Administrators to close your account but we generally only do that in relation to spammers. The simplest thing is to just not use it.

Keeping in mind #14 of the Forum Rules, do you have, or intend to use, another account in the forum?

I note that you are still using this account but there was one other option that I forgot to mention. If it is just your user name that you don't want to continue to use, it is possible for the admins to change a user name. That way you would keep you post history etc.

The admins won't keep changing a name if a user has a new whim every week or so, but if you can make a reasonable case for a once-off change (many users have over the years) then that shouldn't be a problem. If you wanted to go down that path, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to send your request.

I was ...premature in my post. Perturbed by another posting and ready to give up the forum. Problem is, I enjoy it too much. Just need to take it all in moderation.
Feel free to dlt this thread if you care to.
Thank You

I was ...premature in my post. Perturbed by another posting and ready to give up the forum. Problem is, I enjoy it too much. Just need to take it all in moderation.
Thank You
Yes, sometimes you just need to step away from the keyboard and count to 10. :biggrin:

This thread should just gradually fall down the list but still may be some use to others browsing the forum in the future so we won't delete it.

Thank You

Huh, I just had a similar experience here... Must be some winter/spring tension in the air...
(deep breath....)

"Perturbed by another posting and ready to give up the forum."

Not something we like to hear. If you've issues with a post, report it (using 'report' button on the top right of each post). If it breaches any of the rules, it will be addressed.

If you've issues with a post, report it (using 'report' button on the top right of each post). If it breaches any of the rules, it will be addressed.
tweedle & arkusM,
As Paddy said, please let us know of any abusive posts, or anything else that might violate our rules, even if it was not a reply to one of your own threads (I looked at recent threads that you were both involved in, and didn't see anything that jumped out at me).

Our goal is to keep this a friendly forum, and we do our best to address any problems so we can keep it that way. Unfortunately, with the massive amount of activity on the forums, it is impossible for the Moderators to read every single post made here. So we rely on our members to report any potential issues to us. So we request your assistance in making this forum a more pleasant experience for all by reporting any problems that you come across.

Thanks for helping us make this a better forum!:)

tweedle & arkusM,
As Paddy said, please let us know of any abusive posts, or anything else that might violate our rules, even if it was not a reply to one of your own threads (I looked at recent threads that you were both involved in, and didn't see anything that jumped out at me).

Our goal is to keep this a friendly forum, and we do our best to address any problems so we can keep it that way. Unfortunately, with the massive amount of activity on the forums, it is impossible for the Moderators to read every single post made here. So we rely on our members to report any potential issues to us. So we request your assistance in making this forum a more pleasant experience for all by reporting any problems that you come across.

Thanks for helping us make this a better forum!:)

PaddyD and Joe4,
Thanks for expressing your concern, you are representing what is truly good about this board, it is full of kind, generous and good people.

What happened to me would NOT violate the rules of the board by any stretch; it may not have even been meant the way I took it but it was odd and peeved me. However since then I have made several searches looking on how to do something and the board once again proved its emense value and far outweighed my experience. It was truly a moment in time thing. Lesson learned.

Thanks again.

Mark

What happened to me would NOT violate the rules of the board by any stretch; it may not have even been meant the way I took it but it was odd and peeved me.
Ditto;
Seems Mark and I did indeed have similar experiences.

Peter, Paddy & Joe;
Thank you for expressing your concerns. Acknowledgement is a nice thing.
It's understood that you all couldn't possibly police every post/thread and I personally have no expectation of that. Maybe my biorythm was off or the moon phase was just so, who knows? - but I do have to take responsibility for my reaction. Overall, the board provides much more learning opportunity and enjoyment than the bits of frustration ... and I do go for longer walks now. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back