Calculate quarterly paid interest for days base deposit

abmati

Board Regular
Hi friends, to find the maturity amount of a fix deposit we use the following formula:
A = P x (1 + r/n) ^ n*t
“A” =maturity amount.
“P” = investment amount.
“r” = annual interest rates.
“n” = the number of times the interest is compounded. (For instance, n is equal to 4 for quarterly compounding, SBI using it)
“t” = the investment tenure.
If we put a fix deposit Rs. 1,00,000 (P) for 2 years (t), @7.00% (r), in SBI, FD interest is payable quarterly, so n = 12/3 = 4
So A = 100000(1+7%/4)^4*2 = 214,372
Now, my question is if we keep the same fix deposit for 400 days tenure, @ 7.1%, how we calculate the maturity amount
Please help me to find the formula for the same.
Thanks...

Last edited:
to vsuram
Did you post the initial question?

If this is a new question, please explain clearly your challenge in a new post.
An example with expected results can be helpful.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I am trying to develop a spreadsheet for calculating maturity amounts of cumulative deposits with Tax Deduction at Source implications.
In one of the earlier posts an elegant solution for calculating maturity amounts for periods in of 1 yr and a few days was provided in this forum.
In practice however, there could be deposits for any period. We have a start date and a maturity date. Thus the deposit could be for "n" completed quarters and "d" days . ( d being less than a quarter.) In such cases, for n quarters the amount with interest compounded quarterly needs to be arrived at first
and on this simple interest needs to be carried out for d days as in the eg earlier discussed. What would be a suitable formula to do this in one step using LET function?

Upvote 0
I am trying to develop a spreadsheet for calculating maturity amounts of cumulative deposits with Tax Deduction at Source implications.
In one of the earlier posts an elegant solution for calculating maturity amounts for periods in of 1 yr and a few days was provided in this forum.
In practice however, there could be deposits for any period. We have a start date and a maturity date. Thus the deposit could be for "n" completed quarters and "d" days . ( d being less than a quarter.) In such cases, for n quarters the amount with interest compounded quarterly needs to be arrived at first
and on this simple interest needs to be carried out for d days as in the eg earlier discussed. What would be a suitable formula to do this in one step using LET function?
i solved it in a roundabout way.
First I calculated number of months between start and maturity dates using DATEDIF function, got completed quarters by dividing by 3, then found out last quarter end date by EDATE function. Now from maturity date i subtracted last quarterend date to get balance days. This looks inelegant. Thee may be a better solution

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.
I have been travelling; consequently, I could not post to threads.

If you provide examples and information on your challenge, someone will likely provide suggestions.

1. provide clear examples
2. we do not know what your challenges are
3. start a new thread. Your question is not the same as this thread.
4. try to install and use the forum's tool and XL2BB.

Upvote 0
Your post #13 looks reasonable.
I cannot comment further without seeing your data and expected results.
You can test the following with your data.

T202408b.xlsx
ABCD
1StartEndDaysDays
21-Jan-2331-Aug-246262
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2C2=B2-EDATE(A2,FLOOR(DATEDIF(A2,B2+1,"m"),3))+1
D2D2=B2-EDATE(A2,INT((B2-A2)/89)*3)+1

Upvote 0
started a new thread as suggested

cumulative time deposits in indian banks​

gave an example too

Upvote 0
TDS by banks on cumulative deposits has been enigmatic. On one deposit for Rs.3,50,000 at 8.5 p.a for the period 14.12.23 to 31.3.24 accrued interest is shown as Rs 8924, leading to TDS of Rs 893. On another deposit of Rs.1,00,000 at 8.6 p.a for the period 6.2.24 to 31.3.24, accrued interest is shown as Rs.1314 and TDS of Rs.132. I couldnot understand how accrued interest is calculated.I couldnt find any online calculators too. Can some one help with the logic or readymade calculator

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back