Buggy Posting

Every thing was working fine for me using Windows 10 and Edge till about 3 days ago.
Any update on either side (browser or vBulletin software) can trigger stuff like this to happen.
Just like any software update you apply to your home computer or at your work can have repercussions!

Well with more than 2 of us using Edge are having the same problems I don't believe it's a problem on my end. I'm hoping you Moderators will report this to The Administrators. Try using Edge and see if you have same problems if you will Please
Any update on either side (browser or vBulletin software) can trigger stuff like this to happen.
Just like any software update you apply to your home computer or at your work can have repercussions!

I've just turned off Spybot SD and whether its involved or not the symptoms have lessened. Windows defender reports there is Antivirus installed, but I haven't identified which program it is

So, the plot thickens...

I went to test this reply issue with all browser extensions disabled (thanks Mole999 for reminding me of Troubleshooting101!), and serendipitously realized that if I click (or touch my screen) in the uppermost-lefthand corner of the textbox I get the blinking cursor and backspace works as it should (regardless of my browser extensions). If I click or touch anywhere else in the textbox I get nada as I reported in my original post. Perhaps, as RoryA stated earlier, this is just a vBulletin issue with Edge. Anyway, it went from a major hassle to a minor annoyance now that I know how to do it.

Regards,

CJ

I removed spybot and now defender doesn't report an additional antivirus. considering the free version doesn't have antivirus, i can't see why the false alert which could mean no protection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kramb

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back