Buggy Posting

MrIfOnly

Not sure if you are aware of this problem (or if it's just me!):

Whenever I go to post (whether starting a new thread or responding to an existing one), I cannot click into the text area. I am forced to choose a formatting type (bold, for example), then click into the text area to receive the blinking cursor, then deselect formatting type.

Additionally, when I start out typing, then, invariably, have to backspace to undo a typo, the cursor moves to the start of my text. After this initial time, backspace works normally.

I'm using MS Edge on Windows10.

Thanks for your attention to these issues.

Regards,

CJ

Last edited:
I'm also having same problems. Using Windows 10 with Ms Edge. This problem just started this week.
I had to typye this text into Notebook and then paste here.

I've had selection issues with text, over or under selection as if the text is being controlled by something. I'm usually using firefox / Win10. Scanned everything and checked antivirus, nothing reported. Even submit reply dosen't always work first time

Same as above posters: posting problems went away using Internet Explorer.

Have also seen intermittent Reply button issue that mole999 referenced.

Anybody else see the gremlin on the wing of this aircraft?

I just reported this to Bill Jelen on his FB page. Maybe he will have someone look into this. Bill is the owner of this site. To make this posting I'm using IE

I think it's a vbulletin thing. I have a similar issue on another site where I can't use the space bar until I've pressed enter to start a new line (using Opera)

Every thing was working fine for me using Windows 10 and Edge till about 3 days ago. I now use IE and every thing works fine.
I think it's a vbulletin thing. I have a similar issue on another site where I can't use the space bar until I've pressed enter to start a new line (using Opera)

I use IE (here at work) and Chrome (at home, and don't have any problems with either browser (just fyi)

having said that, using IE, I sometimes have a problem going back, using the Backspace keyboard button, often, just nothing happens unless I click a number of times, then sometimes it will go back (1 screen), but other times, I have to click on Search new Posts to get back

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kramb

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back