BUG: sessions times out while composing reply; reply is lost

It keeps you from getting logged out.
Yep, I use it, and never get logged out, even though I am a very slow typist.

It keeps you from getting logged out.
Okay, I'll use it -- regrettably. (Probably remembers my password, too.)

Many thanks! Just lost another n minutes of careful composition and editing of a complex example because I clicked on Preview Post without first copy-and-pasting the "source" text -- yet again!

Many thanks! Just lost another n minutes of careful composition and editing of a complex example because I clicked on Preview Post without first copy-and-pasting the "source" text -- yet again!

Let me repharse.... Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

I would include 5 or more smilies, but this UI even has a limitation on that.:mad:

Anyway, I just completed a very complex composition -- takes me a long time to make things clear and concise. I did remembrer to copy-and-paste the "source" before doing Preview. I'm certain my session would have timed out in the past. But thankfully, not this time.

Your "remember me" suggestion should be pinned -- on the Forum "home page". I don't see how any "good" responder can tolerate this UI without it.

I know: The UI probably does not support anything like that either.:(

(I'm using up my image quota.:cool:)

On second thought.... Just saw TestReg's posting, apparently testing "Remember Me". I hope the Powers That Be will not view this as a security issue, compromising their intentions for session time-outs in the first place, and "fix" it.

MODERATOR: I would be happy if you deleted this entire thread.

Last edited:
We don't like deleting threads. Odds are if you had the question, someone else in the future will have the question, this thread will serve as historical information.

Okay, I'll use it -- regrettably. (Probably remembers my password, too.)
Forgive me for beating a dead horse, but happily "Remember Me" does not remember my password. It also does not cause (or allow me) to auto-log-into the site when I go to MrExcel.com | Excel Resources | Excel Seminars | Excel Products, as I feared it might.
It seems the only benefit (and purpose?) of "Rememeber Me" is to defeat the session time-out.:pray:
Shh-h-h-h!(y)

We don't like deleting threads. Odds are if you had the question, someone else in the future will have the question, this thread will serve as historical information.
I know. It was a veiled facetious comment. I used to tell people how to defeat algorithms that force you to change your password every n days or weeks. Then I realized I was also telling admins how dumb those algorithms are and how to fix them. Now I just keep it to myself. Thanks for all your assistance today. Seems I had a lot on my mind -- and too much time on hands.:LOL:

Well, glad something positive came out of it. :)

Have a great day!

Forgive me for beating a dead horse, but happily "Remember Me" does not remember my password.
Forgive me again, but just for posterity....

Apparent that conclusion is wrong. This time, when I went to mrexcel.com and clicked on Excel Forum on the home, it did log me in automagically. (Sigh.)

Perhaps I screwed up my testing before. Or perhaps I had to close and restart my browser in order for the password to be remembered.

Whatever! The important thing is: setting "Remember Me" has saved a whole lot of grief already today. Thanks again, shg.

Forgive me for beating a dead horse, but happily "Remember Me" does not remember my password.
Forgive me again, but just for posterity.... Apparent that conclusion is wrong.
First statement is correct. Second statement is wrong. I did something stoopid the second time around. Get the hook!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmix803

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back