Boss has challenged all Staff ! ! !

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Norie said:
{snip}By the way why should we help you get a hike and make you a hero in the office? Surely if you were deserving of this you wouldn't need our help.
Just my 2¢ here - but I'd reckon that'd depend on the nature of the business the company is in. If the company is a security services company and the employees are expected to be professionals at testing / breaking security systems, then I'd agree; our OP should know this.

If the company is in a general line of commerce and the boss is trying to utilize the creativity and resourcefulness of his staff to see if they can find, discover or learn how to break this as a means of increasing his company's ability to keep data secure then I reckon Excelll-ent is simply being resourceful. He was open about what he's up to and why. And he did post it in the lounge, after all :wink:.

Greg

This wasn't originally posted in the lounge.

I may have been a bit harsh but I had just spent considerable time trying the OP's link.

I lost count of the number of pop-ups I encountered.

And it eventually led to nothing anyway.

Why not give it a try yourself?:grin:

After what Smitty posted and now you? Nah, I'll take it on faith that it's a snipe hunt. Also, I hope I didn't sound too self-righteous with that last post (especially if this didn't start out in the lounge).

Pop-ups suck, especially now that our crack IS Team (yeah, on crack! :oops: ) deleted my Google toolbar (along with its nifty pop-up blocker) as an "illegal softwares", and wrote me up for it to boot.

I won't EVEN start to deal with something like that.

Smitty

Hey Smitty--they haven't blocked your USB ports, have they? :twisted:

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/portable_firefox/

I used this for a few months, it worked pretty well for me. As far as I know, the only thing it really does outside of the USB drive is to create a Mozilla directory in the Application Data. That's something to do with Firefox itself, though, and nothing is actually saved on the PC (like bookmarks, extensions, etc.) :-?

you guys all are talking about pop-ups.. how come i never encountered any when trying to download the file?
after i clicked the link... i was already to choose location and filename... then thats it.. no pop-up at all...
maybe its because my setting of blocking pop-ups is very effective..:)

I think they're referring to the popups that appear after clicking the link you posted, not the link to download the file.

Edit: I don't think popups happen all the time, though. Probably depends on what ads they're displaying at the time.

I had to open the link in IE and saw the google toolbar block at least 1-2. Then I turned off the blocker and clicked the link again and got no popups. *shrug*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back