Boss has challenged all Staff ! ! !

excelll-ent

:lol:

i think he's learnt a great latest protection technique from one of his excel expert friend, or got a bet with his friend (whatever it is, but we've got a challenge in the office, that whoever cracks this empty file, will get a hike !!! :lol:

i've already started dreaming about this hike ! :wink:

here is the file: please don't let me lose this hike & espacially making me a hero in the office. :-D

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WKNNM60TFSP2GV6ANDUJF04H

Thanks for any efforts.
Regards... [/url]

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hi excelllent,

If you are **** sure that the file is empty (but how?) why not create a new file with the same system time and date?
...;-)

hey wait,........cheating is not a good habit..... :lol:

Please do us all a favor and don't paste links that lead to annoying pop-ups and other crap. :huh:

If you want some help breaking workbook/worksheet protection, do a board search; you will find plenty of results.

As for trying to outwit the boss or his "friend", politely explain that Excel is not a secure environment, nor has it ever been marketed as one. Breaking it should not be a big suprise to anyone who has done their homework.

Smitty

And SHAJ is right, cheating is not a good habit.

well, it seems that the file is not an excel protection only, it's like Trythis.xls.bsf

Before posting here, i tried a lot with Ultimate Zip *******, it even doesn't recognize the password (status: This file is not protected), whereas it easily cracks all the other files for which i am putting a workbook password.

Thanks for any efforts.
Regards

i tried to open the file.. it appears to be simply a workbook locked with password to open. i tried it using my password breaker but m sorry.. i wil rather not continue.. using brute force takes so much time.. :huh:
could it be just that ur boss entered a very long password containing upper and lower case letters with numbers and some special characters?

if you try "Advance Office Password Breaker" It fails to unprotect the workbook and reports that the protection is done through Microsoft Crytography provider i.e. CSP and the file is protection by java layers i.e. (.bsf) and that's how i came to know... Otherwise, i am not an expert to know what .bsf and csp even means.

Thanks again for any efforts...

Well I'm afraid I can't help because the link you provided is just plain nonsense.

I also looked up the file extensions you mentioned and can't see how they are relevant to Excel.

By the way why should we help you get a hike and make you a hero in the office?

Surely if you were deserving of this you wouldn't need our help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back