Board Speed

Domski

Hi,

The Pet Peeves post on here brought up some interesting topics one of which was the speed of the board in the afternoon.

From experience I know that this a problem in general with the internet but over the last couple of months I've noticed the board really seems to be chugging along slowly in the afternoons. Quite often my browser just gives up and displays an error.

I'm pretty sure it's not down to my connection which is quick as you like both a work and home normally for other sites that I visit.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Dom

It certainly does seem sluggish at the moment. More so than at other times - and other sites seem ok.

It is definitely creeping along. Initial loading of the page, posting, etc.... Noticeably slower than navigating other sites. Navigating to the Excel forum seems the worst. Getting to the Forum Index or the Lounge seems a lot quicker. Maybe it's due to the number of members that are in the actual forum that we are accessing?

The board slows down incredibly mid to late afternoon (UK time). I imagine that this has more than a little to do with the USA waking up.

I have the same problems with error messages because my browser times out.

I logged on yesterday at about 1700 GMT.

I did it via a link from an emai notification.

I got 3 timeout errors before I actually got to the thread.

The board is starting to become unusable at the moment with constant timeout errors. I don't seem to be having problems with other websites. Have we suddenly had an influx of new users/lurkers?

I'm taking it this way:
It might be slow, but we still save an enormous amount of time at work, once we get a useful response. There might be some forums which can be browsed more quickly, but where the answers are not as useful, which is also a waste of time.

It would still be a good thing, when it was quicker though. I do not mind that a post takes a minute to be submitted (not tempted to hit submot a second time :) ), but I do when reading through...

Let's hope that the shutdown will indeed contribute to speed.
Have a nice sunday without MrExcel :LOL:

I notice the board was down again this Sunday. Is there any maintenance going on in an effort to speed things up?

I hope so because I'm afraid I don't share Eric's view. In the world of IT a minute is a ridiculously long time these days and makes posting a frustrating experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peaches000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back