Board modifications

Juan Pablo González

MrExcel MVP
I've been doing some modifications on the board, just wanted to let everyone know:

(The newest additions are in BOLD)

In the index page:

• The list of moderatos will now wrap, leaving more space for the description of the forum AND will show better on smaller resolutions.
  • Added "Unanswered posts" at the top right
  • Moved "Your posts" and "New posts since your last visit" to the top right (Had to it wasn't working on the top left !)
  • Moved total users and total posts to the top left, next to the time.
  • New search, "View your watched topics".

In the view forum page:

• Moved the "Currently browsing" list to the bottom of the page.
  • Corrected the link to refresh the current forum or go to the main page
  • Added same link at the bottom of the page
  • The list of moderators at the top has more vertical space
  • Added below the "New topic" button the three searches: "View posts since last visit", "View your posts", "View unanswered posts". Still pending to modify the php code to restrict to the specific forum.
  • The three "Quick searches", last topics, your topics, and unanswered topics, will return the matches for that forum only, not for the entire board (The link on the main page will continue to work the same way)
  • The "red" topics are back. Each topic that you have posted to will appear red and bolded in this page.
  • Added statistics about the board. Link on upper right corner of the page, 'Statistics'
  • New modules of statistics, 'Posters of the day', 'Posts by weekday', 'Topics by weekday', 'Posts by hour of day' and 'Topics by hour of day'
  • Two new modules of statistics, a modified version of 'Where are users from', and 'Posts by Country'

In the view topic page:

• Reduced font size of the topic title
  • Added link to go to the forum or main page at the bottom
  • Added option to create a new page for printing without all the 'extra' information (Buttons, images, etc.). HTML Maker images WILL appear.
  • Number of posts of poster is a link to search for all of them.
  • Added 'Quick Reply' at the bottom of the page.

In the post topic page:

• Added option to choose a font type
  • Removed the "Close tags" link (As a consequence of the above !)
  • Added 'No shouting' warning message. This is only a warning shown to posters who type all in CAPS, it will not prevent, just warn.

Others:
  • Slightly modified statistics, to show active topics and viewed topics of the first category only (Excel questions forum, Spanish forum, Access forum and MCSE forum)
  • Added a Favorites option. Now you can have a direct link to all your favorit topics. Look for it below the 'Watch this topic for replies'
  • Added new download. VB HTML Maker, click hereto go to the download page
  • IMPORTANT. Included a MOD that will let you edit your own post in a maximum of 10 (Yes, ten) minutes. After that, it stays as it is.
  • Included warning message when trying to submit a post that has over 65,500 characters, to prevent truncated messages or unfinished HTML tags (When using HTML Maker or VB HTML Maker)
  • Choose your flag in your profile, it will be displayed next to your location.

I will keep a list of the updates here.

About the

Code:
Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4265691 bytes) in ...

error, I've been browsing the phpbb forums, and there isn't a *real* fix for this, however, they have some suggestions, which have been implemented. So, hopefully this'll fix it.

Juan Pablo, I just notice the red topic is back, and I was wondering if it was you - went to this forum to see and sure 'nuff, found this post. Nice work - on everything; I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

March 24, 2003: Added statistics (Link on the upper right).

And thanks Barry, I like being able to fix this thing a little bit.

Cool stats, Juan. For a second I thought, "Wow, more Aussies than anywhere else." but had to add london to England.

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back