Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
1719951902203.png

Hi everyone,

Is there a formula to automatically change the months. For example, in the snippet attached JUL is the current reporting month & there's also forecast data for the next 3 months off to the right. I have a data validation setup on another tab for the current reporting to automatcally change when a month is selected from the drop down. I also want the trailing 3 months to change as the current month changes. If I select AUG for the current month, I want the next 3 to automatically update to SEP, OCT, NOV.

Also, I would like to keep the data in the file for each month to be able to flip back & forth between months to review the data in one file instead of having a different file each month.

Is the meeting or week-end date in the month that is in column A? Or could it be completely different?
In the example I posted I referenced a date that I typed into cell A1, you should get the same results even if you entered 2024-07-31 if you used EDATE or EOMONTH functions. But all the header cells for the projected columns need to be formatted as "mmm".

If it is a different month, then maybe you'll need to enter the first of the projection months into the header of that column.

Again, if this doesn't meet your need then post a sample of your data scenario and expected results.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
What do you mean if it's the first of the month? That formula literally only referenced the text Jul or Dec or whatever.
Can you post a sample of what you want and expected results?
I will share a modified spreadsheet once I figure how to upload a file here. I have 7/1/2024 in a cell & the JUL cell reference's that cell.

Upvote 0
So, I gave you two options, the first one was for the date, the second one was for the text. One of those should've worked to add month headers.

You do have to format the result cells as mmm

Book1
ABCDE
17/15/2024AugSepOct
2JulAugSepOct
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2A2=TEXT(A1,"mmm")
C1:E1C1=EOMONTH(A1,{1,2,3})
C2:E2C2=EOMONTH(A2&"01",{1,2,3})
Dynamic array formulas.

What am I missing?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back