auto-formatting pivot tables

miconian

I have a large workbook, with similar pivot tables on every sheet. Some rows of the pivot tables have fill color. I need to loop through the workbook and make these fill colors consistent.

I set about doing this by recording a macro of myself putting in the fill color for one particular type of row, and here's what it produced:

Code:
PivotFormat()
'
'PivotFormat
'
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable12").PivotSelect _
        "'Sold To Customer'[All;Total] Jones", xlDataAndLabel, True
    With Selection.Interior
        .Pattern = xlSolid
        .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
        .ThemeColor = xlThemeColorAccent5
        .TintAndShade = 0.599993896298105
        .PatternTintAndShade = 0
    End With
End Sub

Notice the word "Jones" on the second line of code. Jones is the data selected under "report filter." That can't be in the generic code, because with each worksheet, a different person's name is going to appear there.

Perhaps there is some kind of wildcard variable I can put into the code instead of "Jones"?

I'm also open to different approaches. All these pivot tables pull data from the same source, if that matters.

Thank you!

All I'm trying to do is change the fill color of certain rows in multiple pivot tables.

I recorded a macro of myself making the change manually in one particular pivot table. The plan is to create a loop to go through a bunch of other pivot tables and make the same change (fill color).

I'm trying to figure out how to make all the references truly relative, so that the macro will work on any pivot table, not just the one I recorded the macro with. Also, I don't want the code to make any changes to the pivot table besides the fill color.

The report filter actually has nothing to do with the problem I'm trying to solve... but the data from the report filter is showing up in the code. In this macro, that data is "Jones" because that's what the report filter was set to when the macro was recorded. I did not touch the report filter while I was recording the macro. The contents of the report filter field should not matter to the macro.

I only want this macro to do one thing: change the rows corresponding to "Sold To Customer' to .TintAndShade = 0.599993896298105. ("Sold To Customer" is a field being used as a Row Label in the report.)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back