Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Team,

Can i get the hollow arrow in excel or PPT with text format

1721936466702.png

What you need to do is select the cell that you want to display the Arrow and use the Insert Tab and then Symbol on the right search down for Wingdings and then look for the up or down arrow as needed. Example is shown below:

View attachment 114597

I have used cell G1 and inserted the first symbol via the Insert Tab and Symbol on the right. Dialog box is shown below:

View attachment 114596
1722096032021.png

Hi Sir,

Thanks for checking on this yes i have tried with the above option but did not get the arrow

i need exact arrow in text format current the screen shot is a shape arrow but i need text arrow wiht same image format.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
The character code is a wingding character 217. which equates to inserting Ù for the up arrow and Ú for the down arrow.

Take a look at this example. I've uploaded the workbook to OneDrive. Example arrows.xlsx

Upvote 0
The character code is a wingding character 217. which equates to inserting Ù for the up arrow and Ú for the down arrow.

Take a look at this example. I've uploaded the workbook to OneDrive. Example arrows.xlsx

Hi Sir,

yes i have seen the example you have shown in one drive but having said that arrow are half shaded in left slide and as I have mentioned in need unfilled arrow with out any color mentioned below :) i have tried in symbol but not able to get in the excel or ppt file
1722098880563.png

Upvote 0
What you could do is create the arrows within PowerPoint and edit the Shape an Example of a couple of finished arrows. You would then save them individually as shapes like arrow up and arrow down. Once done within Office 365 (Only) you can use the Insert Tab and Insert Picture and place in cell. Then find the arrow as necessary. The following YouTube video will show you how.

Attachments

• Arrow up.png
    Arrow up.png
    3 KB · Views: 1
  • Arrow Down.png
    Arrow Down.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back